After more than 5 years it is time to say good bye and this blog shuts its doors, but there is a follow up project.

Please visit bluesgambler.blogspot.com

Thank you very much for all your support through out this time.

Monday, September 26, 2011

John McVey 2002 Gone To Texas



Genre: Blues-Rock
Rate: 320 kbps CBR / 44100
Time: 01:03:58
Size: 146,32 MB

United States

It's about time a blues guitarist came out with something really different. Rarely these days do I hear a new electric blues guitar release that sparks my interest, because so often the "artists" seem mired in imitation.

John McVey's "Gone to Texas" strikes me because there is really nothing to which it can be compared. I could name a few apparent influences, but McVey, as a stylist, has ventured beyond his influences to where the magic of true creation occurs.

This is a phenomenal GUITAR album. Be forewarned: it is not a vocalist's album. Although there are lyrics to every song, somehow the vocals seem secondary, simply sketching the painting. Colours and details are boldly laid out by McVey's guitar, with occasional flourishes from Joel Guzman on accordion, Riley Osbourn on keys and Kim Wilson on harp...all on a canvas of fantastic players from the Texas blues scene. The end results are vivid musical stories, fiery, fun and honest. "Gone to Texas" swept me along and then left me with a sense of satisfaction the likes of which I have not experienced from a new blues album in a very long time. (Jaime Pasekoff)

We recommend that you play this album LOUD! No SRV licks were tested or injured during the making of this album. (John McVey)



Tracklist:

01 - (I Gotta) Mexican Blackbird 05:47

02 - I Don't Stutter 05:02

03 - House On Fire 04:35

04 - Cruisin For A Bruisin 04:51

05 - Gone To Texas 08:01

06 - Sweet Little Upsetter 04:52

07 - Shadows In My Room 05:53

08 - Whuppit 04:20

09 - Baby One More Kiss 03:16

10 - Call My Job 04:13

11 - Don't Throw Your Love On Me So Strong 06:27

12 - My Baby's Tired Of Working 06:41





John McVey here:

Download

3 comments:

Luc said...

I like this album very much!

Patrick said...

Could you re-up this album? Thanks

SouthernBluesRock said...

links renewed

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...