After more than 5 years it is time to say good bye and this blog shuts its doors.

Thank you very much for all your support through out this time.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Dave Duncan 2010 I'm Not Made Of Stone


Genre: Blues
Rate: 320 kbps CBR / 44100
Time: 00:49:42
Size: 113,80 MB

United States

Album Notes

In the 10 years since his 1st record (I Don't Know if it's True but It Happened To Me), Dave Duncan ("Double D" to his friends and comrades) has been pounding the pavement relentlessly playing gigs from Memphis to Belfast and writing songs with legends about life & love, harleys and drivin' rain, BB King and Harmonica Lewinsky.

In addition to killer grooves and blistering guitarblues, the album features great songs. 2 of the 12 original songs here are written with Nashville legend Craig Wiseman (who wrote "Live Like You're Dying" for Tim McGraw). The blues classic "20 Years of BB King" was written with Curtis Salgado, who was recently recognized as "Soul Artist of The Year" by the Blues Foundation in Memphis. In addition, this minor key gem was nominated for Blues Song of The Year 2009.

Guests on this record include the legendary Delbert McClinton on harmonica, former Allman Brother Jack Pearson on slide guitar and the irrepressible Jonell Mosser ("Nashville's Most Soulful Singer") in wonderfully supporting roles for Duncan's bluesy stories and ironic twists.

Produced by piano/B3 genius Kevin McKendree, this album was recorded in 10 days at The Rock House with Kenneth Blevins on drums (John Hiatt, Sonny Landreth) and Steve Mackey (Delbert's band) on bass.

Dave Duncan has 35 years on the road under his belt, 2 Gold Records (as a songwriter) and the above mentioned Song of the Year nomination... as well as many other cuts, scars, tattoos and awards.

Duncan states "I waited all my life to make this record and I am really proud of it. Kevin did an excellent job in getting my best efforts on tape and my friends played so soulfully on here. I am just feeling really blessed to have captured the feeling we all enjoyed making this record... it was really fun. My goal is to sell a mess of 'em so I can make another record… or three..."



Tracklist:

01 - I Ain't Down With That 03:39

02 - Heartache Who's Time Has Come 03:32

03 - The Blues Comes In All Colors 04:33

04 - I'm A Fatboy 03:47

05 - I'm Not Made Of Stone 04:41

06 - 1-800 Use To Be 03:14

07 - 20 Years B. B. King 05:22

08 - Tangled Up 04:59

09 - Wild Hair On My Redneck 03:41

10 - Drivin' In The Drivin' Rain 04:35

11 - Shoulda Never Let You Go 04:17

12 - Y Pay The X 03:22





Dave Duncan here:

cdbaby

DL



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...