After more than 5 years it is time to say good bye and this blog shuts its doors.

Thank you very much for all your support through out this time.

Friday, November 27, 2015

Tomás Doncker 2015 The Mess We Made

Doncker is a world renown blues artist most often associated with the late 1970's No Wave scene in New York City. He's now putting his years of talent to work to give all of us a glimpse into the bitter realities of modern America.

The message has been getting through to the masses thus far, receiving critical acclaim from the Huffington Post, Contact Music, Louder Than War, and many others.


Doncker says of The Mess We Made: “It all started on The day of the Charleston Massacre. Given the fact that the recent "Road to Charleston" was emotionally taxing enough for me (aka:Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Ferguson, Eric Garner, Baltimore - not to mention some of the less publicized events around the country and the world), the heinous events which occurred on June 17, 2015 pushed me over the edge. I was overwhelmed with rage, hatred, confusion and disillusionment. I had no place to put these feelings. I had no idea how to process them. So, in a selfish attempt to maintain my own sanity I did the only thing I could do -- write about it. By Sunday, June 21, I had written 4 new songs. Within ten days I had recorded the 8 songs that would become The Mess We Made.”

Yes,It does feel like I've only put
a band-aid on this bullet wound,
a sonic salve to temporarily ease
the sting. Maybe one day the bleeding will stop...Maybe...
One day...
(Tomás Doncker NYC, 2015)


artists:

Tomás Doncker - Lead and background vocals, guitars, bass, keyboards
James Dellatacoma - Guitar, Banjo, Keyboards/Programming

https://tomasdoncker.net

facebook

twitter

This information was sent to me from:

James Moore | Independent Music Promotions
James@IndependentMusicPromotions.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...